The Charlie Foundation is pleased to present this Ketogenic Diet approved recipe with the collaboration of our partner site ketocook.com
- 114g or 1 large 4oz package fresh basil
- 75g or 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, pulp and seeds removed
- 38g or 1/4 rounded cup whole unsalted macadamia nuts
- 25g or 1/4 level cup grated parmesan cheese (hard variety, not the green can!)
- 200g or 1 cup really good olive oil
- salt/pepper/garlic powder
Combine the first 4 ingredients in a food processor. Pulse a few times until the basil is finely minced and the cheese and nuts are evenly distributed. Pour the oil in about 1/4 cup at a time. Once all the oil is added scrape the sides and add seasonings. Let the food processor run until all ingredients are combined evenly. You want this to be on the “smoother” side opposed to “chunky” since it is important to equally distribute the ingredients for ketogenic meals.
Store this in the refrigerator and stir very well before serving. It is normal for the olive oil to solidify when it is cold.
This recipe can also be found in the “Standard Snacks” list in KetoCalculator and as a Food Item in the “Fat” category.