This recipe and food item can also be found in the KetoDietCalculator under "Standard Snacks". The ratio of the cake is 2.6:1.
150gm Chocolate, 85% Cacao Bar, Organic - Green&blacks
150gm Egg, raw- mixed well (3 eggs)
45gm Cream, 36%
4gm Vanilla Extract - pure
1. Melt the chocolate and butter together over a low heat in a saucepan.
Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly before adding the vanilla extract.
2. In another bowl beat the eggs, cream together for 3-4 minutes using a stick blender or hand whisk. It will become frothy and remain runny.
3. Slowly add the egg mixture to the chocolate mixture in the saucepan, stirring all the time. As you add more egg mixture, the chocolate and butter will thicken to the consistency of custard.
4. Lay a piece of waxed paper over the bottom of 2-piece cheesecake pan then cinch the collar over it to secure the bottom (as for regular use). Grease the waxed paper and sides of pan with butter. We used an 8-inch tin. The paper will allow you to easily remove the cake without it sticking to the pan. Pour mixture into pan.
5. Bake at 180C/ 350F for 30 minutes. Test for doneness; cake will spring back when pressed lightly. Allow to cool before removing from pan. Refrigerate after cooling.