The Charlie Foundation is pleased to present this Ketogenic Diet approved recipe with the collaboration of our partner site ketocook.com
Makes 2 Cupcakes or 1 4-inch Cake
Each Serving Provides:
157 Calories 3:1 Ratio
25g raw egg, mixed well
23g 40% heavy cream
12g butter, melted
7g oil, neutral flavor
5.5g coconut flour, Bobs Red Mill
5g cocoa powder, Hershey’s Unsweetened
3g pure vanilla extract
0.5g baking powder
pinch of baking soda
sweetener of choice (3.5g of Truvia per cupcake was used for testing, you must calculate Truvia into the meal calculation.)
0.2g xanthan gum
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 2 silicone cupcake liners.
2. Add the dry ingredients (coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and sweetener) to the melted butter and oil. Stir until all the lumps have dissolved into the fats.
3. Add the egg and heavy cream to the mixture. Mix very well to combine all the ingredients.
4. Pour the batter into 2 cupcake liners.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the center of the cupcake springs back when lightly pressed. Store at room temperature.
Bake this in an Easy Bake Oven for a fun activity! This recipe has been tested in the newer (lightbulb free) Easy Bake Oven. Use the provided pan, line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper cut to fit and generously grease the sides. Fill the pan only half way full! Bake the cake for about 30 minutes. Test for doneness before serving.
If the carbohydrate is too high, reduce the cocoa powder first.