Omelets are an easy, high-protein, low-carbohydrate meal that can be modified with many different ingredients. The heavy cream makes these especially fluffy. People who are limiting their cholesterol intake can adjust the recipe to include mostly egg whites or a low-cholesterol liquid egg product. Optional ingredients: avocado, onions, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach. When including raw vegetables, stir-fry them for a few minutes in butter from the recipe first before adding them to the omelet in step #6.
- Raw mixed eggs
- Heavy Cream
- Butter or Olive oil
- Cheese – shredded (cheddar, parmesan, Swiss)
- Calculate quantity of food items for a meal.
- Weigh all ingredients.
- Spray a very light coat of Pam or other cooking spray over the whole pan. Let the pan warm to a medium-low heat (like, 4 on a scale of 10).
- Use a wire whip or fork to blend together egg and cream.
- Season mixture with a dash of salt and pepper if desired.
- Pour mixture into a small frying pan.
- Let the omelet continue to cook until the crispy thin egg edge starts to pull away from the pan, then add the shredded cheese to half of the circle.
- Take your fork and run the tines around the outside edge of the omelet, to make sure the egg layer has not stuck. Then, you can use your thumb and forefinger to grab the empty side of the omelet and fold it over the cheese side.
- Let the folded omelet cook for 30 seconds then slide omelet onto a plate. For a French omelet (as shown in the accompanied picture) fold into thirds.
Ketogenic cheesecake is a versatile recipe that can be used for birthdays and other celebrations. It also serves as a convenience meal; it can be made ahead and frozen, then thawed overnight for a simple breakfast. The cheesecake can be garnished with fruit and whipped cream.
As a rule of thumb, calculate approximately 10g of raw, mixed egg for every 40g of cream cheese. Use up to the same amount of heavy cream as cream cheese. All of the carbohydrate remaining can be allotted to fruit (for garnish or mixed into the recipe). Canned, unsweetened pumpkin or unsweetened cocoa can also be incorporated into the recipe as the source of carbohydrate. This recipe can be modified to any ratio.
- Cream cheese
- Heavy Cream
- 10 drop of liquid Spenda
- (optional) 5 drops of pure vanilla extract
- Allow butter and cream cheese to soften at room temperature.
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Place in a custard dish or ramekin that has been sprayed with oil spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees F˚ for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
The following recipe is a simple combination of heavy cream and cheese to create one of America’s favorite comfort foods. The amount of cream should be about equal or a little more than the amount of cheese. Use this guide to create this tasty dish for your child’s diet in KetoCalculator. Miracle Noodles are very low in carbohydrate and high in fiber and are listed in KetoCalculator.
Note: The cheese sauce is also great over cooked vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower asparagus andover meats and poultry. Parmesan cheese can also be used to make a cheese sauce and only 2 grams of grated Parmesan is needed for every 25gm of cream for a thickened sauce.
- Cheddar Cheese
- Heavy Cream
- Miracle Noodle Angel Hair Shiratake (miraclenoodles.com)
- Pour cream into a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat stirring constantly with a spatula until cream is until cream is thickened. Do not boil the cream.
- After 2–3 minutes, add shredded cheese & continue stirring until mixture is thick.
- Stir cheese sauce into drained noodles. Can be refrigerated and reheated.