The Charlie Foundation is pleased to present this Ketogenic Diet approved recipe with the collaboration of our partner site ketocook.com
Makes about 2 cups
Nutrition for entire recipe is:
1078 Calories 4:1 Ratio
400gm (about 1 can) coconut milk, full fat
60g (about 4 large ) egg yolks
20g (4 tsp) ghee
2g (1/2 tsp) pure vanilla extract
1 tsp. salt
Pinch (0.1g) of xanthan gum (optional, but recommended)
10 drops liquid stevia, more or less will be needed depending on your taste.
1. Add all the ingredients except the stevia to a small saucepan. Whisk to combine very well.
2. On the stovetop, turn a burner to medium-low heat. Slowly heat the coconut milk mixture until it begins to steam and bubble. Stir the mixture constantly with a whisk. Adjust the heat to keep a constant simmer, but not a full boil.
3. Continue to cook the pudding until it begins to thicken. This will take about 3-5 minutes. The pudding should coat the back of a spoon and leave a trail when wiped with your finger. It will be a thinner consistency than the final product.
4. Add the liquid stevia and adjust for your taste. Stir very well.
5. Pour the pudding into a glass bowl, cover and refrigerate until it is completely chilled. The pudding will thicken more as it cools.
6. Stir the pudding before serving.