This is a simple 4 ingredient cracker recipe submitted by Nevin's mom (see Keto Kids). The crackers are crisp and mild in flavor and taste great with a spread or dip. Nevin likes these with a spread made of cream cheese, butter, dash of cinnamon and 2 drops of carb-free sweetener. She also eats these with a mixture of peanutbutter and butter for a snack. You will find these listed (as prepared crackers) in the Fat Category of KetoCalculator as "Almond Crackers". A one inch square cracker (2.5gm) has 17 Calories, 0.16gm Carbohydrate and is a 3.27:1 Ratio.
- 30gm Almond Flour ( whole ground blanched almonds)
- 20gm Macadamia Nuts, dry roasted with salt - finely ground in a blender
- 15gm Olive Oil
- 15gm Egg white - raw
- 1/8th teasoon Salt (optional)
- Mix together all ingredients until dough becomes stiff.
- Line a cookie sheet pan with foil. Spread dough thin into an approximate 8 x 6 inch rectangle by patting dough flat with a spatula.
- Using a spatula, cut a grid into the dough to form approximately equal cracker squares.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before removing from pan. Store in a zip-lock bag or airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze.