Kolackys are small, fruit filled pastries of Eastern European origin. This recipe was submitted by April Runge. She adapted the traditional Kolachy recipe to a keto snack and sometimes varies it to include mashed sweetened blueberries or Walden's Fruit Spread as fillings. She also suggests dipping part of the cookie into a chocolate sauce made of cocoa and melted butter. The 4 (unfilled) cookies shown here together are 258 calories and a 4:1 ratio. This recipe is also gluten-free. You will find this recipe in the Standard Snacks of KetoCalculator and also as a Food Item that you may add to meals.
- 7gm Egg - raw, mixed
- 9gm Macadamia nuts - roasted, finely chopped
- 10gm Almond Meal (ground almonds)
- 10gm Cream Cheese
- 12gm Butter
- 5 drops liquid carb-free sweetener
- 3 drops Vanilla Extract or Bickford Flavoring
- Allow butter and cream cheese to come to room temperature then blend together.
- Mix remaining ingredients into above mixture.
- Divide batter into 4 equal mounds on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 325 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.