The Charlie Foundation is pleased to present this Ketogenic Diet approved recipe with the collaboration of our partner site ketocook.com
Makes 1 Serving
51g raw egg, mixed well
21g macadamia nuts, ground into butter
8g coconut oil, melted
20g frozen blueberries, unsweetened
optional: 3 drops liquid stevia, a pinch of salt
1. Pre-heat a waffle iron or non-stick pan.
2. Combine the egg, macadamia nuts and coconut oil, stir until very well combined.
3. Add the frozen blueberries and optional ingredients to the macadamia nut batter. Stir to evenly distribute the blueberries.
4. Pour the batter into a waffle iron, filling each mold about ¾ of the way full. For pancakes, use a tablespoon to pour small pancakes onto a non-stick pan. Make sure to scrape all the batter out of the mixing bowl!
5. For waffles, cook until the steam begins to slow down, ignore any indication lights or alarms! For pancakes, cook the first side until the edges begin to look dry, flip and cook the second side until cooked through and slightly browned.
6. Serve immediately or freeze in plastic wrap.