The Charlie Foundation is pleased to present this Ketogenic Diet approved recipe with the collaboration of our partner site ketocook.com
Moch Chili Corn Chips (403 calories)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Steam the shredded yellow squash. After steaming, squeeze as much moisture from it as possible. You can press it in a mesh strainer or in between 2 paper towels.
- Combine the “dry” cooked squash with the cheese, macadamia nuts, chili powder, salt and pepper. Stir until all of the ingredients are equally distributed. *Please note, the cheese provides a lot of salty flavor, be careful to not use too much extra salt.
- Spread the mixture onto parchment paper or a sil-pat lined baking sheet. Use the spatula to flatten the mixture into a very thin round. It should be no thicker than ¼ inch.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. After baking, remove the chips from the oven and use a pizza wheel to slice them into triangles. Carefully use a thin spatula to separate the chips.
- Lower the oven temperature to 200 degrees. Return the chips to the oven and continue baking for an additional 15-30 minutes. This time will depend upon how thick your batch is.
- Remove and let cool. They will continue to crisp as they cool. If they are still limp, return to the oven for a longer cooking time.
Some things to remember:
You do not have to make triangle shapes. To make the process easier, make small, individual mounds instead of one large round. Press them flat and continue the same cooking process, skipping the cutting step.