The Charlie Foundation is pleased to present this Ketogenic Diet approved recipe that was especially prepared for the Family Day event of our 3rd Symposium with the collaboration of our partner site ketocook.com
High Fiber Rolls
Ingredients (makes 4 rolls):
3:1 Ratio - 88 calories per roll
2:1 Ratio - 63.5 calories per roll
MAD (approximately 1.25:1) - 43 calories per roll
- Pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix the egg, oil, water (if using) and vinegar together very well.
- Add the flax meal, psyllium husks, baking powder, baking soda and salt to the egg mixture. Use a small spatula to combine the ingredients very well.
- Once the ingredients are combined, let the dough “rest” for 5 minutes. It will appear very wet, but as it sits, the dough will stiffen up to the constancy of very stiff oatmeal.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions. You may weigh them on the scale for accuracy (total weight of ingredients in raw state divided by 4).
- Use wet hands (to prevent sticking) and shape the dough as desired. Place them on the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- One baked roll (1/4th of recipe) weighs between 21-23 grams and has 2.3g protein, 10.65g fat and 0.7g carbohydrate.
- The fiber content of each roll is 2.5g and is not included in the carbohydrate value.
- This recipe has been calculated according to the recommended serving size (1 teaspoon or 3g) of psyllium husks for children ages 6-12. Please ask your dietitian about how much psyllium to include in your diet.
- The ideal amount of water and oil combined is 29g. To calculate a different ratio, reduce the oil to meet your ratio and add enough water to compensate and equal 29g.