The Charlie Foundation is pleased to present the third in a series of Ketogenic Diet approved recipes with the collaboration of our partner site ketocook.com.
Spinach Bites (285 Calories, 3.5.1 Ratio)
This is the tastiest way to serve spinach that I have found yet… No one in my house is a spinach lover and these were gobbled right up, even by my non-keto 5 year old boy (and me too)! I served these with Walden Farms Ranch dressing. I did not include it in the calculation since some people can not tolerate it. Make sure you calculate it in if you would like a dipping sauce. They were equally delicious on their own though!
- 52g frozen spinach, cooked, weigh it, then drain the water out, chop it small.
- 15g egg whites
- 13g butter, melted
- 13g olive oil
- 6g almond flour
- 4g parmesan cheese, hard block grated
- salt/pepper/pinch of garlic powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the spinach as described above.
- Mix in all of the ingredients and season it to your liking.
- Make sure that the mixture is very well combined. It will be on the “wet” side, you can put it in the freezer for 15 minutes to let it firm up a little.
- Scoop out bite size portions of the mixture and drop them onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes (I baked for a full 20 minutes).
- Let them sit on the cookie sheet to cool and reabsorb any oil that has cooked out for a few minutes.
- Serve with a dipping sauce if desired.
A small amount of oil cooked out of the bites, but almost all of it reabsorbed while they cooled. If you are concerned about this, bake them in silicone cup cake liners or cookie molds.
Increase the oil or butter to increase the ratio.
These would make great “burgers” or wrap fillings for lower ratios. Just shape them into a patty instead.