A light batter turns chicken into a tasty finger food. Once prepared, the nuggets can be dipped in mayonnase (with a pinch of dill weed as shown here) or a mixture of mayonnaise and a low carb salad dressing. Kids will love these golden nuggets. Quantities are provided to demonstrate the approximate proportion of ingredients. This recipe was submitted by Tina Latham, mother of Abe.
- 3gm Cream - 36%
- 3gm Egg yolk, raw - mixed well
- 2gm Coconut flour - Bob's Red Mill Organic
- 15gm Chicken breast - raw
- 6gm Vegetable oil (Canola, Smart Balance, Olive etc)
- Weigh chicken breast then cut into 7-8 small pieces.
- Using tongs, place chicken pieces into dish with coconut flour then roll each piece of chicken to coat completely.
- Mix cream into egg yolk then pour over coated chicken. Turn just a few times to coat pieces then let sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Heat oil in small frying pan. Place chicken pieces indivdually into pan. Cook several minutes turning each over 2-3 times until golden brown.