Muffin in a Mug
This unique muffin can be prepared and cooked in a coffee mug. Flaxseed, the main ingredient, is high in fiber and Omega-3 fatty acids. You can eat it with a spoon or slice the muffin and toast it. The recipe provides 370 Calories, 2 grams of Carbohydrate and a 3:1 ratio but can be adjusted for other ratios. You may increase the ratio by spreading on butter or coconut oil while it is warm. You may also adjust the recipe for an indivdual meal to include chopped nuts, fruit, coconut and other spices. Recipe submitted by Leslie Moccia. You will find this listed as a food item in the Fat Category in KetoCalculator.
- 30gm Flaxseed meal (whole ground flaxseed)
- 30gm Egg, raw ,mixed well
- 15gm Sour Cream, cultured (not lowfat)
- 21gm Butter
- 1gm Baking Powder
- 0.5gm Splenda (powder)
- 0.5gm Cinnamon, ground
- A large pinch of salt (optional)
- Place the butter in a small coffee mug then micrwave for a few seconds to melt. Rotate cup to coat insides of cup with butter.
- Place remaining ingredients in cup and mix well with a small spatula.
- Microwave for 1 minute. Let cool then serve with a spoon or remove from cup and cut into slices.