Baked Parmesan Onions (Notation: casein-free if oil or ghee is used in place of butter)
This is a delicious recipe that you can make for the entire family. Onions are high in antixodiants which help to protect our cells from free radical damage. Onions are also low in carbohydrate. Fresh parmesan cheese makes this taste especially gourmet!
- Butter, olive oil, coconut oil, or other oil
- Parmesan cheese - grated
- Slice onions into thin rings. Place rings in a small shallow baking dish. Onions should not be deeper than 1 inch.
- Use about 1/2 the amount of fat as onions. Spread or drizzle fat selection(s) over onions.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Use at least 1gm of parmesan for every 20gm of onion.
- Bake at 350 F for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.