Indian Butter Chicken
This is a flavorful combination of vegetables and spices,a popular dish at Indian restaurants. If you google this recipe, you will find many variations of spices and ingredients. The recipe shown here is very mild tasting which is especially good for children who are not accustomed to spicy foods. The gram weights are provided to reveal the proportion of ingredients. This recipe makes 1000 Calories, 20gm Protein, 12gm Carbohydrate and 97gm Fat.
- 55 gm Chicken breast, no skin - raw
- 1gm Onions, spring or scallions (tops and bulb) - raw
- 40gm Butter
- 43gm Olive Oil
- 40gm Green Pepper - raw
- 170gm Tomato, canned in puree or tomato juice
- 2gm Garlic - raw
- 50gm Cream, 36%
- 0.2gm (1/4 tsp.) Chili Powder
- 0.2gm (1/4 tsp.) Garam Masala
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Finely chop the onions and garlic then cook approximately 1 minute in the skillet until tender.
- Puree the tomatoes and green pepper in the blender or food processor then mix into the skillet.
- Season the mixture with salt, garam masala and chili powder.
- Stir in the cream and butter and continue cooking until heated through.
- Stir the raw chicken into the skillet. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.