Garden Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing
Salads are a healthy, high-fiber meals and as simple as 2 ingredients. This salad meal combines several vegetables with a tangy vinaigrette dressing. Hard cooked eggs and pecans provide protein; onions and tomatoes provide a rich contrast of flavor and are contain many nutrients. Avocados are one of the most nutrient dense foods as well as a healthy dose of monounsaturated fats that help to lower cholesterol and fiber to aid in digestion. The Hass Avocado is highest in fat and lowest in carbohydrate. Select this recipe in KetoCalculator, Standard Meals.
- Romaine lettuce
- Onions - finely sliced
- Tomatoes - chopped
- Avocado - California or Mexico (Hass)
- Egg white - (from hard cooked egg)
- Egg yolk - (from hard cooked egg)
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Calculate ingredients to meal requirements.
- Prepare hard cooked eggs. After cooling weigh white and yolk separately.
- Assemble salad as desired.
- Prepare salad dressing. Use use about 20gm of Olive oil for each 20gm of red wine vinegar and 5gm lemon juice.
- Whisk these ingredients together then add a pinch of salt, dried oregano, and dry mustard. Whisk again.
- Optional: a drop of liquid stevia or saccharine will reduce the tartness of the vinaigrette mixture.